Pump Saver problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Almost13Ranch

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my set up. Here are the particulars. I have a 2 wire well pump that flows to a cistern with a float switch in the cistern. There is a pump saver switch on the well pump. Then there is a 3 wire sub pump from the cistern to the house and pressure tank. I ran out of water 2 weeks ago, and determined that the pump saver was in a rapid cycle mode and can only be cleared by power cycling the system. The well will pump the cistern full and the well pump draws 23 or so amps on start up and runs at about 6 amps. The voltage is good and I've replaced the float switch with no difference. When I power cycle, the everything works until the timer wants to restart the well pump and it goes to rapid cycle. I tried a new pump saver but it did the same thing so I switched back to the old one.
Sorry for the length of the post, I wanted to give all the info that I could.
Anyone one have on idea on what to do?

Almost13Ranch

Reaction score
That's one thing we thought about but the float is almost at the top on the cistern and fills slowly. Also I've had this setup for 5.5 years. You'd think it would have cause trouble before now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Rapid cycle protection is designed to shut the pump off if the pressure tank goes bad. You should not be able to rapid cycle a pump that is filling a cistern. So rapid cycle protection is just another chance of a nuisance trip.

Almost13Ranch

Reaction score
Well, that's what it's been with a capital N. I had the switch replaced Monday and so far so good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks