Waterless Urinal, Fact and Fiction

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
typically the "cartridge" is a plastic bell trap that you fill with a chemical sealent.

Eri

Reaction score
Website
ensecotechnologies.com
typically the "cartridge" is a plastic bell trap that you fill with a chemical sealent.
yea but what i hear is that not need to be mechanical parts moving and need be a liquid sealant ....that used to be in the code of 2009 but that about to expire and my cartridge is not mechanicha but is not a liquid sealant also....but about the code im not sure :(

cartdrige.jpg

I P Knightly

Reaction score
Waterless Urinals Removal/ Report Assistance

In Feb 2010 I inherited 2 waterless urinals at the facility I maintain, after following the maintenance schedule daily, weekly and monthly; I came in one day to find one filled with urine, I spoke to my supervisor who decided to attempt to plunge the urinal free, we all know how this ended and who cleaned the floor. I found the 4 page booklet provided by Zeroflush and proceeded with the cartridge removal, OMG I’ve never smelt anything so vial in my life. Once the cartridge was completely removed there was no other alternative but to have the units snaked out by a licensed plumber…

Since installation in 2008 for only 2 waterless urinals our annual operating cost have far exceeded to cost of water… we have to snake the system every 3 months, and the cartridges cost over $ 100 dollars, an employee from Zeroflush suggested I soak the cartridges and re use them to save on cost.. You can imagine what my response was..

I’m preparing a report, to remove the waterless urinals based on operating cost, and the inherently smell that I cannot get rid of..

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated… To date this year our operation cost are $ 1747.66 Where is the savings? spend more time trying to get rid of the smell...

I P Knightly

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks