Soap dispenser pump

Users who are viewing this thread

pagantom

Reaction score
We have a sink-mounted soap dispenser pump that doesn't work anymore. appears the pump cartridge doesn't work. can the cartridge be replaced? i don't know the brand, but I'd hate to replace then entire assembly. similar looking units sell for $50+.

Probedude

Reaction score
We have a sink-mounted soap dispenser pump that doesn't work anymore. appears the pump cartridge doesn't work. can the cartridge be replaced? i don't know the brand, but I'd hate to replace then entire assembly. similar looking units sell for $50+.

Post a picture of the pump mechanism.

theplumber

Reaction score
That's a pricey soap dispenser. I doubt few plumbers know if the cartridges are interchangable or not. Few things in plumbing are interchangable between brands. But most soap dispensers work the same. Try buying a new one and setting the cartridge into your old mount and see what happens. If it don't work change the whole thing, it's not worth the effort of spending hours trying to find the same $50 item you don't know the brand of.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Personally my time becomes more valueable about 15-30 minutes into looking for something like that.

Probedude

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's something simple wrong - like buildup of sludge/thick soap that is preventing the check balls from working properly. Or maybe a cracked pickup tube so it's pulling air instead of soap.

A picture would help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks