Replace Flushometer with Tank Style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Madera

Reaction score
Per a previous post, I have a floor-mounted flushometer toilet in my apartment. Should I replace it with another newer flushometer, or a tank-style toilet? What are the pro's/con's of each (difficulty of project? cost? does it affect resale value?)?

I am considering replacing it with the Gerber Flushmate with a 10" rough.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wouldn't know about the resale difference between the two,

Since you have a 10" rough and flushometer style, the easiest for the plumber would be the same type replacement. No plumbing is required for this.
It's just bolt in and out.

Toto CT705

If you go with the Gerber with tank, the plumber will need to get into the wall and move the water supply.
Either way, you will be moving 1.5 to 1.6 gallons of water.

Last edited:

Madera

Reaction score
Exploding Flushometer?

Another dumb question (maybe)...is there a risk of a flushometer exploding when the water supply is turned on/off for the building? I really don't want a flood (the main reason I want to replace my current toilet!).

Many, many thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks