Pouring Concrete floor over ABS Drains?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
I am installing new waste lines with ABS in my basement as part of a new bath. I am looking for advice/guidance regarding making certain that the lines do not shift/settle as a result of pouring the concrete floor.

I am currently down to a clay/sand mix. I was going to lay a moisture barrier down, then gravel and then the concrete. I also have considerable water puddling in my dig area..

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks.

Rocknroj

Reaction score
securing abs under concrete floor

Any recommendations on best how to do that.. The soil is a clay/sand mix with lots of underground water. I have seen pictures with wooden stakes and metal strapping, but I don't really want to use wood as it will rot away and leave substantial voids.

I have been looking all over and all I can find for groundwork is a sandy bed with the pipe laid in the bed about 1/3 deep and then covered with gravel..

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks