Kohler symbio corner tub

Users who are viewing this thread

johnnymac96

Reaction score
Hey Guys -

My wife picked out this tub and ordered it from our bathroom designer. She likes it because it's a true corner tub but if I had been involved I would have vetoed because a normal drop-in oval "garden tub" would be much easier to install.

In the meantime, I haven't seen the tub yet but I've downloaded the installation instructions from Kohler and it seems to be somewhat more complicated than an oval or square deck-mounted tub. Any of you guys here have experience with this thing and how it's installed? I would like to just nail the flange into the wall and otherwise mount the front of it into a normal tiled (whirlpool) tub deck but the installation instructions are designed more for the "optional" aprons and end panels and "corner post". I am completely lost here. Intuitively it seems possible to do it my way but I can't find any reference to a "drop in" installation.

Anyone have any experience or insight? Here are the installation guide and the rough-in sheet , if they might help.

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks