Leaking shower

Users who are viewing this thread

redmonke255

Reaction score
Ok, my shower leaks.

I changed out the seats (actually, I changed the entire system
leaky-faucets-x.jpg
just for the shower).

When I turn the water back on, it starts to leak. I've tightened the knob all the way off, and it still doesn't work. The seat is tight. The thing that presses against the seat is tight.

It is hot water that comes out.

Any suggestions?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

You installed the wrong seat, or it is not tight, or you have the wrong washer. If the right seat is installed tightly and the correct size washer was used, there is NO way it can leak, unless you damaged the faucet body while doing the repair, and that is seldom the case with a lavatory faucet. Now if it were a tub/shower faucet that would be a real possibility.

redmonke255

Reaction score
It's kinda what I expected. The faucet is old (the house is a good 20 years old), so I suspected a crack.

We got a plumber to come today and he said it was most likely a hairline crack. He said it would cost around 500-700 USD to fix. :eek:

So I guess until I get it fixed it would be best to just have a cap on it, right? That way it doesn't drip. :(

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

For that price, I have to assume it is a tub/shower valve, not the sink faucet you used for a picture. If not, then he is ripping you off, big time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks