2yr old well pumping cloudy water from day 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
I know what they are not that you showed me a pic. I have pulled only a handfull of pumps with those things on them. Again, homeowners installs.

When I lived in Michigan, some 26+ years ago, some of the drillers were trying out the poly pipe. I imagine it's the norm today. Here in Florida, PVC Sch 80 (and lighter) is the norm.

Another thing to consider, three wire pumps have far greater starting torque than two wire pumps. Another good reason to use two wire pumps when at all possible.

I have a cure to your poly problem with rubbing wire. Always put the wire on the opposite side of the pipe from where it's going to rub.:D

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I have a cure to your poly problem with rubbing wire. Always put the wire on the opposite side of the pipe from where it's going to rub.:D

bob...
Now ya shouldn'ta said that! Ya know Sammy will drive hisself nuts with onea them angle thingies trying to figer out just the right angle. That's not nice.

I see where he says DIYers should hire an electrician to run power cable...

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Personalities!

Why is all this infighting on a forum that is meant to be informative? These comments are personal opinions and preferences.

Pump installers and drillers use what works best in their area.

I consult and teach drilling internationally and find that ground water professionals generally do what works best in their area.

Some people like Chevrolet's and some like Ford's and then some don't know any better! What's your preference?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Porky it is more than a difference of opinion.

My preference is unbiased correct and informational answers to the posters' questions with an explanation of the why behind the advice.

That advice should not be a local or personal thing because most posters do not say where they are from and want accurate and simple information, so it should be the best advice overall. Do you disagree, Sammy seems to constantly?

Please define "professional" for us. Sammy calls me unprofessional.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks