Replacing old Delta shower fixture - Please Help

Users who are viewing this thread

brandonb

Reaction score
Hi All,

We'd like to improve the look of our stand-up shower by replacing the old brass Delta fixtures. The main fixture is a single knob handle (clear plastic). Our main goal is to replace it with a brushed silver fixture that's a bit more modern and matches the rest of our bathroom. I've removed the fixture and realized that it may not be an easy swap out. Attached is a picture of what I am looking at right now (I just got the ball piece out so the left picture is current state). I tried removing that piece on the end (up to the black ring), but it didn't budge easily and I didn't want to break anything. Can I just remove that piece on the end and swap it out with the new fixture? I purchased a Price Pfisher set to replace it but I'm wondering if I have to replace the valve to get it to work. Are there any sets available where I could do an easy swap out or will I have to replace the valve (hire a plumber) no matter which replacement I purchase?

Thanks!

Attachments

• shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,851
  • shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6,039

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
First of all, you can't put PF parts in a Delta. That's like trying to fit Ford parts on a Chevy. After you take that part back, get a new Delta cartridge and the trim set you want (Delta) You should be updating this to a anti-scald valve while you are at it.

DIYourselfer

Reaction score
I too have an issue like this. I have a Price Pfister faucet that I need to pull apart about once a month and place plumbers grease on the o-ring otherwise it is almost impossible to pull the handle out. Just like the pictures above, is it possible to get the whole valve replaced WITHOUT opening the shower wall up?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you do not have or can not make access to get behind the wall, I would say a professional plumber would be your best shot, but even a plumber may not be able to do it without removing the shower wall.

delta_valve_replacement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks