Steam shower unit suggestions, Wasauna?

Users who are viewing this thread

katzaw

Reaction score
We are hoping to purchase a steam shower unit that will have a low profile and not be a hassle for our family with limited mobility. So far Wasauna seems to be the only one with a low threshold and not a big drop down once you get inside. Does anyone have any suggestions or words of caution?
Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
steam

The threshold is for when the shower is being used, not the steamer. BUT, a steam unit may not be advisable for someone with limited mobility. The steam, partly because the steam can displace oxygen, can cause weakness or loss of consciousness and if that happens with someone with an infirmity, it could cause serious injury or death.

katzaw

Reaction score
steam for Rheumatoid arthritis

Thanks for the cautionary advice, point well taken. However in my case the family members that the steam is intended for suffer from arthritis (hence the limited mobility) and Psoriasis. Fortunately, the only Respiratory issues are allergy related. What I meant by low threshold is that some have a high front that you have to step over and others have deep pans once you step in for a foot massaging function. I'm trying to minimize the big step over and/or the big step down once inside. For the few seniors that we have visit we just wanted to make sure that we have a shower that is easy to get in and out of. They would never use the steam function, just the seat and the hand held. I looked at the kohler freedom I can get a whole wasuana w steam generator for less than the cost of just the acrylic shell from Kohler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks