Connecting a 3/0 Splice

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeyC

Reaction score
Well son I do hope and pray that you don't feel that anyone here is trying to belittle you in any way.

I also hope that you understand that the advise that I am giving you is coming from my heart wheather you want to believe it or not.

I also hope that you unsersand that the education you are looking for is far more indepth than can be covered in a discussion forum such as one like this.

What you are seeing is a place that would be easy to install a panel and add some circuits.
What you are not seeing is that once that panel is installed at the splice then there is your service and the panel at the pole barn is a remote panel.
All grounding and bonding MUST take place at the service and can not be done at the remote panel.

It is these things that you don't see that causes buildings to burn and people to die. This installation you are talking about is not a weekend job for the unskilled.

I think what you don't understand JW is that I am looking for parts. I really don't care about grounding, bonding and whatever other ***ing there may be. That's not my department, that's for the people like you who are supposed to know what they are doing.

If you cannot accept that some people are trying to gain an understanding of what they need, don't feel as though you need to answer a post.

You may be a good teacher or not, I don't know, but I am not looking for a step by step of what to do, I need to know what parts to get.

To that end, I am grateful for the people who actually replied with this information. Again, I don't need to know how to do it, I don't really care.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Joey
You have given out information that already shows you need immediate attention on your service not even looking at the panel you want to install.

You were told in the first couple of post what you needed but you then wanted to know how to enter this panel. These sounds like you are planning on doing this yourself. It also sounds like what has already been installed was installed by someone with little or no knowledge.

It is my opinion that your existing installation is very dangerous according to your information. I would let what that is already there be my primary concern and forget about the dog run. Once you get the mess you already have upgraded then install these circuits you want from either the house or the barn like it should be instead of standing a panel in the middle of the yard.

When it comes to making installations I am going to install my own materials and not something someone else has bought for me to install. I know what I need to install a job but the homeowner doesn’t have a clue and 99% of the time will get the wrong materials and then here we go driving up the bill.

I have seen many of an installation where the homeowner would by the material and some maintenance electrician would make the installation. By your description of your original installation I am willing to bet this how this one was made.

I can tell you this you have some issues and should you ever decide to sell a home inspector will nail the installation to the wall.

So now have at it and the best of luck to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks