Crane Toilet-To-Go Flush Valve/Ball/Bell

Users who are viewing this thread

bottlejunkie

Reaction score
Warranty

I also purchased a Crane Sure Flush toilet in late 2007. As I was then out of state on a work assignment for 18 months, I just recently found out how much trouble the fill valve on this toilet could be.

As I still had the paperwork from the toilet, I noted that it had a 10 year warrenty on all parts. After calling the customer service telephone number (419-522-4211) and getting redirected to a couple different American Standard folks, they offered to send me a replacement fill valve. (Note warranty states that you need to have proof of original purchase date, though I wasn't even asked for that).

While it took 2+ weeks to arrive, they sent me both a replacement fill valve and flush valve, both of which I have just finished installing... and so far they work.

These replacement parts are nothing like the originals, with the flush valve having a more traditional flapper. They were manufactured by WDI, inc.

Packing list from Crane/American Standard reads:
Material # P030174000; Description: FILL VALVE - WDI B3834W-A-CRN2
Material # P030236000; Description: Flush Valve With 279 Flapper
Material # P030482100; Description: Tank Parts Bag WDI B839-G-CRN3

Hope this helps someone else.

TLErnst

Reaction score
Flush valve for Crane toilet

I can't find a flush valve for my crane toilet either. Does anyone know where to find one?

afolkeynut

Reaction score
I fought this, too, then just called Crane. A nice lady said they had plenty in stock for $7.00 plus $8.00 shipping. Because she liked me? she offered one for
free. When I offered to actually buy another one, she said she would send two! Ya gotta love it.

Leo C.

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Found out that Crane was bought out by American Standard. They have a better valve that fits!! Its a regular style valve but fits the 3 1/2" opening on the tank. Its part no. 738921-104.0070A (flush valve assy1.28GPF) You will also need the tank to bowl gasket, also American Standard. Part no. 7301021-0070A tank to bowl coupling kit #253. I bought mine from an outfit called Teters Faucet Supply in Dallas TX. (214)823-2153.....cost me about $35.00 for both parts. Hope this helps.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I should mention that Korky was nice enough to send me their new 5030BP Universal 3" flush valve to evaluate. It comes with various parts to make it universal for everything that has a 3" flush hole except Kohler toilets. It's big, so it comes in a nice cardboard box and includes a Korky 3" adjustable flapper. The quality of the molding and hardware is what you would expect from Korky -- very fine quality. It has an adjustable-height overflow riser that is twist-to-lock, so you don't need to saw it to the right height, and the overflow riser is oversized, so it should actually prevent an overflow in the event that you have a runaway fill valve.

It also comes with appropriate tank-to-bowl gaskets in the box.

As usual with Korky, the instructions are in clear, plain English, with enough detail to make sense, but stated simply so really anyone can tackle the job.

The opening on that Crane tank looks more like 3" on the internal dimension, so I imagine that the 5030BP would fit, although one can always call 1-800-LAVELLE and the nice Korky people would tell you.

Regarding the original post years ago, to which HJ pointed out that those "pressure" toilet fill valves aren't accurate enough to use in a toilet, I would also note that they probably don't meet code because they are fully-submerged in the tank water and thus the tank water is by necessity above the critical level on the valve; moreover, they likely do not have an effective anti-siphon capability. Yuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks