Flussmatic Marina vs Pressure tank and Pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Eddievan

Reaction score
I have not yet equipped my irrigation with automatic on off by opening or closing taps. I have a small property, 1/3 acre and would also like to use water from system in house for non drinking purposes, and am not sure if flussmatic marina is the right option with filling of toilet cisterns. They are similar priced so that is not a consideration.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Those type devices have many problems. You would be better off with a standard pressure tank and pressure switch. A Cycle Stop Valve would allow you to use a very small pressure tank.

Eddievan

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, what size of Cycle stop valve will I need? The hole is 50 m deep with water at 9m standing. I have equipped with a 0.55kw Franklin Motor on a Speroni 302 St 10 -10 pump. Please give a brief description of what it does. Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You need a set up like the one pictured below. The pressure switch will start the pump after water is bing used and the little tank is empty. The CSV will then take over and vary the flow rate of the pump to match the amount being used. This will keep the pump running steady instead of cycling off and on. Then when no more water is bing used, the CSV will allow the pressure tank to refill and the pressure switch will shut off the pump. A CSV1Z will probably be the best model for you to use.

Attachments

• Pside-kick front view.jpg
    Pside-kick front view.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,683
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks