Hi guys

Users who are viewing this thread

lisa-li

Reaction score
Toilet is running constantly and my hubby refuses to fix it himself or
call anouther pumber to do anything.
I went to try to adjust the level and the water is on the bottom.
How much water are we wasting? It's a 1.6 gal /flush american standered.
Fluid master valve, don't know what model.
My math is 28-30 seconds to fill it when it is working right, 3 gallons a minute,
180 gallons an hour, 4320 gallons a day???????
Shhhhhhhhhh i can't tell him I am going to try to fix it myself.
How can i fix it without him knowing, and just replace the flap thing?

A young brunette goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.
"Impossible," says the doctor. "Show me."
She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams and so on it goes.
The doctor says, "You're not really a brunette are you?"
She says, "No, I'm really a blonde."
"I knew it," he says. "Your finger is broken."

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Lisa, Is the tank overfilling so the water is going over the top of the overflow tube or, is the flapper leaking the water into the bowl and the tank refills to the proper level after leaking down?

Cookie

Reaction score
Lisa,

What I would do is to take out the part I want to replace and take it to a HDepot or whatever, is near and compare the parts buying a new one. Take it home and put it in.

Before I lost my husband, usually. he would hear me doing something and it aroused his curiosity and he would come to investigate and end up doing it all himself.

But, he was one in a million.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your flapper chain is probably just hung up and won't let the flapper close. You can untangle it. You can also unhook the chain from the lever and use a wire cutters to cut off a few of the links, to keep it from tangling up again.

Nice joke, but you seem to really have it in for those blondes. :)

lisa-li

Reaction score
chain

Chain was tangled!
That wasn't too hard, thanks alot.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Toilet repairs for non-blondes
1. lift cover off the tank.
2. Find out why it is leaking by looking into the tank while it is happening
3. Fix the problem.
4. Get a husband who does not like to waste money on water, or at least knows how to do step #1..

Toilet repairs for blondes.
1. call a plumber.

lisa-li

Reaction score
ok,ok blond is dumb

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started."
He asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"
The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a tiger."
Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle. She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.
He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger."

He takes her hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then....." he sighed, "we'll put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box."

Cookie

Reaction score
Boy, I am glad I am redhead. Not from a bottle either. A nice dark alburn. I have a sister in law who is a natural blonde, and she is quite smart, although I kid her about her intelligence since she married my brother, lol.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks