Installing new washer/dryer connections

Users who are viewing this thread

johncsnider

Reaction score
I live in a small 25 year old house in metro Atlanta. It's a one-story ranch style on a slab. All the big mechanical stuff (washer/dryer, furnace and water heater) is currently all together in one place in the dead center of the house.

I'm thinking of adding washer/dryer connections in a little storage alcove at the back of the garage, but I don't want to cut into the slab or tear out any drywall to run pipes. Before I spend time calling in contractors, I wanted to see if it's a big no-no to run water pipes in a sort of up-and-over configuration; i.e. can I run the pipes up along the wall in the garage, through the attic, and back down to connect to the water heater in the center of the house.

Ideas?

King3244

Reaction score
I guess in Atlanta you don't have any freezing problems so you could run your suppy lines anywhere that you like but you still need to run your washer drain someplace that will drain by gravity. I don't think that your washer pump will
"lift" your drain water the 8 feet to the attic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks