No room for elongated bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbob

Reaction score
We have a pretty small bathroom, and would like an elongated bowl toilet to replace our round bowl unit. Will we really notice losing that 1.5"?

If so, does Toto have any elongated models that are shorter than 28"? Other brands?

Note: I don't want to sacrifice quality for the elongated bowl. If necessary I'll buy a round bowl toilet, probably a Toto. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most men are buying the elongated, for reasons that men understand.

See how much she loves you, maybe she'll let you have one too.

From back wall to end of bowl
Toto Drake regular 27.25"

American Standard Hamilton, 150 grams
American Stanard Hamilton elongated, 27.25", MaP rating 150 grams
Toto Drake elongated 29.125", MaP rating 900 grams
Toto Ultramax 28.75", Map rating 700 grams

as_hamilton.jpg

index.php

American Standard Hamilton, 150 grams

June 15th, we removed two Hamilton toilets and replaced them with Toto Ultramax's.
We had installed a CEFIONTECT Ultramax before and since that had worked so well, the homeowner had decided to try the American Standard Hamilton one-piece toilets in his other bathrooms.
After trying them for a while, he gave us a call and asked if we would replace them with two CEFIONTECT Ultramax toilets.
So, even though the Hamilton's were fairly new, we pulled them out of the house, and set them on the curb with the garbage cans.

Not every family is the same. I find that kids use more paper and have more problems.
Some brands of TP are better than others.
The Hamilton is pretty compact. That's a good thing.
I've also removed a few, pretty new ones too.
If plugging is the past was not an issue, it may work.
For those with plugging problems in the past, I would at least get one with a 325 gram rating.

Last edited:

Plumbob

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. That's very helpful. I think I'll build a simple wood template to sit on top of the seat to show how far into the room the new toilet will extend. We can get a better feel for it that way.

Plumbob

Reaction score
Terry said:
From back wall to end of bowl
Toto Drake regular 27.25"
American Stanard Hamilton elongated, 27.25", MaP rating 150 grams
Toto Drake elongated 28.75", MaP rating 900 grams

FYI There is a newer spec sheet on the Drake (at toto's web site) that shows the Drake wall-to-tank measurement at 1-1/8", rather than 3/4" as on the old spec sheet.

That appears to put the wall-to-bowl edge at 29-1/8" for the Drake elongated.

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Terry said:
Most men are buying the elongated, for reasons that men understand.

Terry,

So we have some clear space to flick our cigar ashes into the bowl while we're reading Field and Stream on the throne, right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks