Toto Aquia and Aquia II

Users who are viewing this thread

schickb

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between these two toilets:

CST414M - Toto Aquia Dual Flush Toilet
CST416M - Toto Aquia II Dual Flush Toilet

They are both listed on Toto's site and their spec sheets look virtually identical except an 1/8" here or there. They must be different, however, since the 12th Edition MaP test gives the Aquia a 800 perf. number and the Aquia II an 500.

The Aquia III is an ADA height toilet, and it also gets a 500 perf. number. Thanks for any info.

Installation instructions for Aquia

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

schickb

Reaction score
Ok I'll partially answer my own question after reading through another Aquia thread:

http://docs.hdpi.com/PE-Links/Toto/Toto_AquiaComparrisonChart.pdf

Although that chart shows an Aquia II model with a "universal height" due in Q4 2008 (aka now). So what is the difference between the Universal Height Aquia II and the Aquia III? Just a few stylistic things in the lid and shroud? Man Toto could use some help with their product organization and website.

Does the integrated trapway in the II and III explain the flushing performance drop? Anyone had practical experience with both? Does the original Aquia really flush solids better?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia I has the larger trapway and and open back.

The II and the III have the enclosed trapway that drops into a flange adapter. The MaP drops a bit, but is still a healthy 500 grams, the performance factor that both John Koeller and I think is suffcient.

The I and the II have bowl heights of 15-1/8"
and the III has a bowl height of 16-1/8"

aquia_adapter.jpg

Installation instructions for Aquia

Last edited:

toad

Reaction score
Aquia or Aquia II?

Hi,

I can see that Aquia (model # CT414.01) is now available at closeout price of $127 at Home Perfect, and Aquia II (model CST416M) price is $303.
Is there a reason not to get the Aquia? Is its performance worse than Aquia II's?

Thanks a lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks