(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: 40' shellow well with a 2" casing

Unhappy 40' shellow well with a 2" casing

I have a 40' shellow well with a 2" caseing. I can not find a pump with enough lift for the well with that size caseing. What can I do short of drilling a new well?

Where's the static water level in your well?

Get yourself a shallow well jet pump if the water level is high enough, and then drop a chunk of poly down to the 30-35' mark and away you go.

Default Static Water Level?

Whether a shallow well pump can pump water from a 40' well depends on the depth to the water from the surface (Static Water Level) and the gallons per minute (GPM) that the well can supply. A shallow well pump can effectivly pump water down to 22'.

An impractical solution is to place the pump 20' in the ground by the well. Such as digging a large diameter (dug well) to 20' and placing the pump in the dug well and connect the pump to the 40' well at 20' ft.

I've done this in developing countries where there is no other option other than drilling a new 4" well and installing a submersible pump.

Yeah... Meant putting it down that deep to avoid running out of water and running the pump dry.