Seeking 14 1/2" wide fluorescent fixture to fit up between joists

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
I'm installing a suspended ceiling and I'm not going to leave enough room below the joists for a 2x4 lay-in fixture.

So I'm trying to find a 14 1/2" wide fluorescent fixture holding 1 or 2 bulbs that's designed fit up between the joists and be near flush with their bottom edge.

I can't find any narrower fixtures which have a bezel that would cover the gap

I want to use a 4' long fixture.

Drick

In the Trades
Reaction score
Forget about the fixtures that are supplied with the suspended ceiling. Just use a standard 2 bulb 4 foot strip and hang it from chains. Don't worry about the reflectors. They help, but not so much that you need to worry about it. You can paint the joists white if you want additional reflection.

-rick

Rmodeler

Reaction score
The drop-ins I use take less than 4", your suspended ceiling needs a minimum of 3½", a ½" shouldn't be that critical.

AcidWater

Reaction score
1) don't want ugly. Need diffuser so it doesn't glare
2) pay attention: "I'm not going to leave enough room below the joists for a 2x4 lay-in fixture." See post re AGP CeilingMax system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks