Trenchless Sewer Repair, Good or Bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

mugsy88

Reaction score
Hello,
:confused:
I have an 80 year old home with the original 4"cast iron pipe which is cracked and has holes. To fix my problem the traditional way would mean major demolition of my backyard. I would like to know if anyone knows if the new technology of trenchless epoxy relining of pipes is a good way to go. I have already had one quote from a company called NuFlow in San Diego, CA and they are very expensive however if their technology works, it would save me destroying my yard. If anyone has any pros and cons concerning this subject, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
destroy the yard....

I honestly dont know that much about
the process,

will the new inner liner
have the ability to withstand the weight when that
cast iron finally rusts out... or will it simply collapse..??

a new technology isnt always the best way to solve
a problem....

tear up the yard and get it over with...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
relining

The only epoxy relining system I have heard of only works on metalic piping, which you probably do not have. Other trenchless methods line the pipe with a "plastic" tube bonded to the pipes internal wall with a binder, such as epoxy. These methods require that the pipes interior be completely cleared and smooth otherwise any imperfections will be replicated in the liner. In addition, the relining will not cure any problems with the pipe's slope. As you have probably already learned, it is a rather expensive process and is usually only justified when conventional excavating is impractical. You should also have a camera inspection of the finished product and not just depend on faith that it was done correctly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks