Bore well casing

Users who are viewing this thread

Manjunath

Reaction score
Location of Borewell: Horamavu Agara ,Bangalore North ,Bangalore Dist,India
Dug using: Hydraulic Rig Driller (61/2 inch)

1) Borewell was drilled using a Dia of : 6" 1/2 inch by hydraulic rig
2) MS Casing Pipe(2.5mm) was installed till 33feet and outer safety PVC 10 inch installed upto 13ft
3) 380ft first water source stuck, with muddy water certified as 3 inch water yield with silt mix.

Driller suggested as to insert slot / blank casing for entire drilled length(400 ft). We ignored the advice of driller(due high cost), when we opened the bore to install the motor, was surprised by seeing that motor (submersible) getting stopped @ 60ft. This is due to accumulation of silt from the bottom or side unsure of this.

Please advise:

1) Should I go for slot / blank casing till 400 ft? after cleaning borwell by rig.

2) Should I go for a new borewell?

3) Suggest best option which is the economical.

Speedbump

Reaction score
That's not enough info to really make a call, but if the well caved in to just 60 feet, I would say the driller knew what he was talking about.

One thing about drilling wells. The best expert is the guy who has been drilling in that same area for lots of years. He has pretty much seen it all and knows the ins and outs of his business. I would listen to him.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks