Dumping into Pressurized Water System?

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
The real question is why you would want corn licker comin outa yur kitchen sink faucet...:D

I thought this wuz about the missus wantin something to wash er face with...
My corn licker is good fer the complexshin.

In that case, how do I hook it up to the bathroom sink?

It seems that some valves in the system accompanied by a drain-off tank would allow me to dump hot water into my pressurized system. A quick turn of a valve (or two) would reintroduce the hwt into the pressurized system. To avoid sanitation concerns with an open system I could go to a closed system and monitor the temp. of the stove mounted tanks to avoid boiling. Why not?

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Your closed system would require not just careful monitoring but many automatic controls and safety devices to regulate the temperature and pressure of the system.

Devices like Hillbilly Man's still periodically have been known to explode. As have water heaters with malfunctioning controls and safety devices.

Watch this video link. Bear in mind this is only a 12 gallon water heater.
Water heater explosion video click here

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Your closed system would require not just careful monitoring but many automatic controls and safety devices to regulate the temperature and pressure of the system.

Devices like Hillbilly Man's still periodically have been known to explode. As have water heaters with malfunctioning controls and safety devices.

Watch this video link. Bear in mind this is only a 12 gallon water heater.
Water heater explosion video click here

Classic!:D

Molo

Reaction score
With the closed system on a circ. pump I'm wondering how you keep it from getting too hot? For example, how do you keep your hot water tank from being full of water that is hotter than the standard 110-115 degrees? I have little ones and can't take the chance of any scalding. Regarding the pressure relief valves they would absolutely be neccesary. I would still be super nervous about a blow-out because I've seen pics of systems that got too hot, and the exploded pipes. I even remember the pic that Master Plumber Mark posted of an exploded gas hot water tank.

This was covered awhile ago.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tank

There is such voluminous material already that it would be senseless to read it. But unless this has been mentioned already, you have to consider it. An open tank is considered secondary water, as far as you main supply is concerned, and you CANNOT introduce it into your potable water supply, period.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks