Water softner question 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Ally68

Reaction score
My softner seems to be regenerating fine now have done two manual and one overnite.

My question is the water still feels some what hard I mean soap and stuff lathering good but still kind of sticky ya know. I know it is somewhat soft or the soap would not lather good.

I am sure it as not been cleaning good for at least 1 month.

With the water heater full of not so soft water how long will it take for the water to be nice and soft again? I have heard if the water heater fills with hard water it can take up to a week to get the hard water out and even a small amount of hard mixed with soft will make it feel hard does this sound right?

Thanks for all your guys help.

Ally68

Reaction score
thanks gary your help has been apricaited.

I will check with my friend to see what he sells I know it is fleck. I will keep this one till it dies(I am a pennypincher). But he said around 900.00 installed with a 10 year warrenty does that sound good he is a friend and i am hoping he is cutting me a break. He also rents them and said he might be able to get me in a used one from a rental and would give the rest of warrenty plus he works on them so I feel good about repairs. Would you recommend a used one?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The price depends on what size softener and what options if any and if it is new or rebuilt etc. but... you can buy the same thing on the internet for much less than a local dealer can sell it for, even without installaion. The internet guys don't have the overhead of a local dealer, even if he works out of his house which most do.

The warranty on all Autotrol, Clack, Erie, Fleck etc. residential valves is 5 years. Tanks are 10 years.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks