Price Range For New Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Lori1851

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
We are in Shelbyville, IN.
The price range we have been given is $1,800-$2,000.
The last plumber I think was talking about the PEX or the other that starts with a W.
Is this safe for potable water?
Just seems strange we have lived here 9 yrs and never had trouble with water pressure until the past 8 mths.
I hate to spend alot of money and it not be the pipes.
Thanks,
Lori Indiana

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to the home page. You will find an excellent run down on the various types of pipes used for plumbing homes. PEX is an excellent choice if you do have to replumb your home. Do not confuse PEX with PVC, they are not the same. I would support HJ's point given in your previous post regarding the sudden lost of pressure. If you had satisfactory water supply and then it suddenly went away, it's not the pipe sizing that is to blame. Old galvanized pipes do gradually build up corrosion on the inside, but it takes years not weeks or months. I would also question your well's condition. I think there are several things that need to be examined by a reliable plumber before ripping out the pipes in your home. The cost of repiping will vary from region to region and the size and complexity of the job, but $2K would be pretty reasonable for a small house in my area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks