Inspectors suck !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
www.sandpiperplumbing.com
I bid on a repipe in a neighboring town, and won the job. That town has some different requirements regarding repipes so I called the head inspector, told him what I was doing, that I had a couple of questions and wanted to make sure I had all my info correct before I did the repipe and made any mistakes. Inspector Monkey Butt doesn't answer his phone and doesn't return calls. I've called for days and am still in the dark.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
You should have asked those questions in person while you were there pulling the permit.

Unless that town is population 500 and run by a guy named Buford, go back there in person and ask to speak with the inspector's supervisor or head of the Building Department. If that doesn't do it, then it's not a town you want to work in.

Reaction score
Website
www.sandpiperplumbing.com
I did ask those questions and more while I was there pulling the permit. I w2as told the inspectors are in and out first thing in the morning and are only reachable by phone. Unfortunately, a few days later, he hasn't answered the phone, nor has he returned a call. I'd swear they want you to screw up and fail the inspection so they can charge the reinspect fee.

Problem is...it's a local epidemic. The head inspector in my town pulls the same nonsense.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
inspectors

In this area, the inspectors do not want to be designers, because if they tell you how to do the job, you could still screw it up, but then you would claim that you did it the way they said to. For that reason, they tell you to do the job, and then they will either approve it or turn it down. THEN they may tell you how to correct it. How did you even bid the job if you did not know what the requirements were going to be?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks