Something Always Leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveB

Reaction score
I have a situation where something in my condo is always leaking. If I shut off the water to the leaking device, it just causes the leak to move somewhere else.

The only thing I can think of is the water pressure to my unit is too high. Does this make any sense?

I get a small amount of knocking when I start the laundry too.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Excessive pressure can make weak or old fixtures leak. It's fairly cheap and easy to check the pressure. You can buy a gauge at one of the big box stores or any plumbing supply store that would hook up to a hose bib, or with adapters, nearly anywhere. See what your pressure is, then get back.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Excessive pressure can make weak or old fixtures leak...See what your pressure is, then get back.
_42183732_watercanon_ap416.jpg

SteveB

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. The gauge says my water pressure is a little over 140 psi, which I understand to be way too high.

Last edited:

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
YIKES!!!!!!!
Anything over 80 psi.Have your association people get a plumber ASAP!
And...good job paying attention where no one else seems to have! Your saving the building.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks