Moen cartridge install

Users who are viewing this thread

Roadie

Reaction score
I have a leaky Moen single handle shower faucet. I'm the second owner of the house which was built in 1992 but don't have the model number of the faucet which Moen requires in order to download the instruction sheet from their web site. How would I find the model number? is it located somewhere on the unit?

Did they make a lot of different cartridges for this era faucet? Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Use the pull down menu at this link under "DON'T KNOW YOUR MODEL OR REPLACEMENT PART NUMBER?" To find your valve.

http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm

Or, call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and talk to them.

Did you know Moen has a lifetime guarantee for the original owner with free parts.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen

Two interchangeable ones and one pressure balanced. If the valve turns on by pulling the handle you need either the brass or plastic stem. If it turns on and the temperature changes by rotating the handle you need the pressure balanced model.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks