(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Kitec tools / Help!

Default Kitec tools / Help!

I built a new home 2 years ago. The plumber used Kitec pipe. A few days ago I developed a leak. The leak was at a joint where the 3/4 pipe connects to the manifold. My problem is nobody has the tools to re-crimp the joint. I terminated my relationship with the original plumber and can't call him back.

Researching this I've been told the pipe is no longer made and that I can't get any of the tools or suppiles needed to maintain it. Additionally I've read of class action lawsuites against the company due to joint failures. I'm wondering if I'm going to have continuous problems.

Can anyone help?

I'd like to purchase a set of crimping tools both 3/4 and 1/2 and a box of rings (or whatever there called) to re crimp joints.

Might as well go here and have a read...

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/index.html

Ahh.. Salt for the wound.

Why cant the brass fittings be replaced without pulling out all the pipes? I doesn't make sense.

I'd still like to purchase the tools and rings... Know of anyone who has them to sell??

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
    Why cant the brass fittings be replaced without pulling out all the pipes? I doesn't make sense.
    They could if you could find the fittings. Kitec no longer sells them so your tubing is an orphan.

Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket next to the GO 68HD

More like a red headed step child.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post

Others including myself have made this statement about me many times, but I find you my stark competition now since you belted that in less than 3 posts.

This is WAR!!!!

To the topic,

You need to bite the bullet and start the process of healing, get estimates on a repipe because this slow boat to china just left shore and there's a huge hole in the underbelly, takin' in a whole lotta water.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

some master machinist should spec. out and create "new" non corroding fittings that fit kitec pipe.... You'd think someone smarter than I.. (which could be a lot of people) would have considered that option..