Jacuzzi, GFI, receptical, butter knife...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do it yourself Dave

Reaction score
I've converted a storage closet into a bathroom. It was originally designed to be a bathroom based on the drainage and hot/cold water connections in the wall.

The only thing that wasn't configured for a bathroom was the electrical. I've decided to put in a Jacuzzi tub. There is already a receptical 12+ inches off the deck near the Jacuzzi motor. This receptacle also feeds an outlet going to the hall way on the other side of the wall.

My question is should I install a GFI receptical or put in a GFI breaker or both?

Last edited:

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
If it is in a bathroom it should already be GFI protected. Problem is the motor and/or heater needs a dedicated circuit(s).

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Gfci

It depends on whether you want to go all the way to the panel to reset a GFCI breaker, or just push a button near the tub. But it should a separate circuity because of the motor's amperage, and possible future heater. I don't what you intended to ask about the butter knife.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Troubleshooting & replacement is easier with a GFI receptacle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks