Problem with Eljer 3 Knob Shower Controls

Users who are viewing this thread

chager

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently bought a house and inherited what I believe to be the original mid 1960 fixtures in the bathroom. As you can imagine, they have corroded over time and now leak pretty badly and need to be replaced. As this is my first home, I haven't really done a lot of DIY plumbing before. I tried to get a better look at the hardware by removing the center screw on the knob, but I can't even seem to get the knobs off from the fixture. Am I missing something? Is there a special tool I need to get the handle off?

Thanks all and please let me know if ya'll need more info and i will get it to you.

-Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On one that old, you'll probably need a handle puller. There are various types, most aren't very expensive.

While you can probably repair the valve you have, it may be time to upgrade to one that has the latest anti-scald technology (required on a remodel or new installs). How far apart are the handles? They make oversized plates to cover many holes when converting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks