Users who are viewing this thread

Emmvee

Reaction score
The Toto Promenade CST424SFG seems to have it all:
GMax
ADA
Elongated bowl
CEFIONTECT

As far as I can find, this is the only Toto toilet that has all these attributes. Anybody try this specific model yet?

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

T_Finan

Reaction score
I think you can get all these features in a Dartmouth and Drake too.

I just put a Promenade (new model 424, not 724) in this weekend sans sanigloss(wanted it but not readily available). It looks great and maches my older home. I got the seat recommended on the Toto website sizzle sheet. The dealer book was recommending the traditional seat (154?) which is more expensive.

Initial reaction is that I don't think it as powerful as my Dartmouth. I'll need to check again but the flush valve might not be the same as the Dartmouth.

It is right against the wall with a 11 3/4 rough in, I thought I would have 1/2 inch left.

Emmvee

Reaction score
I can't find a Dartmouth or Drake model that has it all.
The spec sheet does show a 3" flush valve, same as the Dartmouth and Drake.

T_Finan

Reaction score
I checked and it IS the same internal bowl guts as the dartmouth. They are just aligned different inside. There is a "straw" on the promenade pull chain by the flapper, this may be to prevent binding.

My promenade is quieter at the end the flush where the dartmouth has a gulp at the end which makes it seem more powerful. Perhaps it could be the difference in drain/venting in my home.

I'm not an expert on all the options, perhaps they are all available separately but not together as you have discovered.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unless there has been a recent change, Sanigloss is not available on the Dartmouth. It's and excellent toilet otherwise, and I don't find a problem at all in keeping mine clean. Sounds like you've found the model of your dreams!:D

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the Soiree or Guinevere?

They have Toto's new "double cyclone" flush - Terry has pictures of the under-the-rim jets on a thread here somewhere.

I am a big proponent of this technology - really works slick.

Emmvee

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Gmax was their best system. Is the Double Cyclone considered to be better than the Gmax?

T_Finan

Reaction score
I think it those models are (almost) twice the cost of a promenade. The benefit appears to be the bowl wash.

Oh btw my promenade is now "gulping" on the flush like my dartmouth so its just as powerful now to my ears!:)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I was under the impression that Gmax was their best system. Is the Double Cyclone considered to be better than the Gmax?

The flush is pretty similar between the two, the Double Cyclone has the better rinse.

kf

Reaction score
The flush is pretty similar between the two, the Double Cyclone has the better rinse.

Terry, is the double cyclone a green product (does the gravity flush use less water than conventional models)?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry, is the double cyclone a green product (does the gravity flush use less water than conventional models)?
progress.gif

The Gywenth has CEFIONTECT and double cyclone, 16-1/8" high bowl and flushes with 1.28 gallons, WaterSense HET
In comes in the one and the two piece.

The other double cyclone toilets with CEFIONTECT are the Guenevere and the Soiree, using 1.6 gallons. 16-1/8" high bowl

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks