Valves & Fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Waltman

Reaction score
Getting ready to order valves and fixtures for the MB remodel. Space contains a dedicated jet tub and a dedicated shower stall into which we'd like to install a separate wall-mounted hand sprayer. We don't like the kind that divert off the shower head. We both want something that has a better looking install than that. For Fixtures, we're looking at something from Kohler or Moen, or we'll take a recommendation.

Trying to get an idea of what I will need to the tub application and for the shower +sprayer installation. Assuming of course that the sink faucet matches. Also trying to get an idea of wht it chould cost for parts and where I should get them (is depot OK???) to ensure the quality is good. All advice and feedback is appreciated!!

Thanks,
walt

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

Now, why would we even try to enter that morass of trying to recommend a faucet to you. It is strictly a personal preference and if 20 of us were to answer, you would get at least 15, but maybe 20, different suggestions. It is like we used to say in the tile business. "Show a lady two tile samples, and there is no problem. Show her three samples and you have a week of indecision."

Waltman

Reaction score
OK, I wasn't too clear.

I was more interested in the TYPE of valves (inside the wall stuff) moreso than the BRAND of fixtures. Just thought I'd go for a two-fer in one post and NEITHER request for info came out the right way.

Please accept my apologies for my naivete and lack of clarity and certainty. Perhaps you can provide info on my refined subject?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Heck, I'll jump in and see if I can pick a fight. If I do, I'll run like heck and let everyone else pick the subject apart:D I like Delta. The valve bodies are all the same, so you just need to pick your choice of trim. Personally, I really like the 1700 series. You can get everything you need for under $150. You particular installation may need a different trim so I's suggest you go to a well equipped plumbing store so you can see the options available.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I personally like thermostatically controlled valves - set your preferred temperature, and it stays that way, summer to winter, first shower to last as the WH gets drained or the incoming cold gets colder in the winter.

you'll need a divertor to switch between multiple showerheads if you want more than one (i.e., from handheld to wall). Depends on if it is an either/or or one, other, both which divertor you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks