Main Drain Pipe Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Vince B

Reaction score
Hello all,
I wanted to know if it would be ok to cut the subfloor as marked in the red area.
I have attached a picture to better illustrate. The picture was taken from the basement and is the main drain pipe which also goes straight up and attaches directly to the vent stack. I need to get access to the drywall that is behind there but didn't want to start cutting if it will adversely affect the ABS pipe movement, integrity, etc... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Vince B

Attachments

• Drain Pipe 1.jpg
    Drain Pipe 1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 283

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Seems fine to cut the subfloor section out. If the pipe moves or requires stability strap it to the joist with some p-tape. (plumbers tape)

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like there is metal plumbers strapping already around the pipe. Is that right?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
floor

As long as you do not cut the pipe, there is no reason you cannot do what you are asking. That section of floor has absolutely nothing to do with the drain line.

Vince B

Reaction score
Yes, that is a metal strap on the upper elbow so I should be good to go.
Thank you all again for your honest and professional input.

Best Regards,
Vince B

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks