(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What kind of flange is this?

  1. #1

    Default What kind of flange is this?

    I am replacing a toilet that has had some leakage issues for years. In the past I have had someone else deal with it so I have never seen what was under the toilet. The flange looks to be some sort of offset flange but nothing I have ever seen before. I don't see how a normal wax ring can seal on this. What do I have here? Thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    It's an offset flange.
    You drop down a wax ring or two and set the bowl over it.

    This would have been a better offset flange
    Last edited by Terry; 12-06-2008 at 10:49 AM.

  3. #3


    OK, I'll give it a shot. The way the flange gets sort of skinny at the back had me concerned. Thanks.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts