basement bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

chad4290

Reaction score
i am adding a basement bathroom for my mom and have a couple of questions. the new bathroom toilet,showerstall and sink is going to be within five feet of the soil/waste stack already existing for the upstairs. i was planning on running a new vent along side the existing vent because there is a place i can run in through behind the sink in the 2x6 wall and then through the roof. i was wondering can i vent the sink, shower, and toilet through the vent,or if the toilet is within 5 feet of the waste/soil stack would that be considered venting? when venting the sink and shower does it matter which is vented higher on the vent stack? thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bathroom below will need to be vented, and the vent can tie in above the 2nd floor bathroom.

"All" of the fixtures downstairs will need to be vented.

dwv_b2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks