Delta 600 series shower/tub valve

Users who are viewing this thread

xyz1612

Reaction score
I have a delta 600 series tub/shower valve with diverter built into valve. My trim was replated to 24k gold and dont want to change trim.the three copper tubes on the valve are leaking and would like to replace valve but cant find replacement with builtin diverter. any options where i can continue using existing trim

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I might have some in stock...

I believe I have about a dozen of that model
still laying in mothballs

it sounds like you have gutted the valve stem by trying to
turn the cam.. if the copper lines behind it are leaking......

send me a pic of your exact faucet and I might have
something new laying around somewhere.

let me know if you are interested and I will rummage for one.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
delta

Well, if you were within my driving radius, I would repair THAT faucet for you. I do it frequently, even for other plumbers who abuse the faucet. IF you are going to the trouble of replacing the faucet body, why don't you just bite the bullet and install a SAFE modern pressure balanced valve with polished brass trim?

xyz1612

Reaction score
follow-up

Master plumber mark may have a replacement valve but since i submitted my post i removed the threaded piece that attaches to the valve with three copper tubes. I will try to repair using three new copper tubes and solder to valve.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I recently had a similar problem with my old Delta. The diverter plunger or pin wore out and while there is a repair plunger available, I had an antique brass trim and the plunger only came in chrome. The old trim was really showing its age as well, so I just installed a new valve body and a 17T trim kit. Of course this was much nicer looking and it has the anti-scald adjustment as well. This might be a good time for you to do a replacement, too.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, there is a big difference between polished brass, and gold, so I understand why he wants to keep it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks