Need some help with this well test.

Users who are viewing this thread

wilbert

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post. I found this forum searching google. I hope some of the knowledgeable folks here can help me out. I am considering buying a house and just got the well tests from the state. I know nothing at all about this, but I was told the gpm is 2.5 which sounds low to me so I started doing some research. I started reading about water quantity, draw down tests, and now I'm confused.

I'm going to try and post as much information as I have and hopefully you guys can straighten me out.

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated.
-Wilbert

Well is 325 ft deep. Sorry the pics are all over the place. It's just how they uploaded.

Attachments

• well.jpg
    well.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 268
  • well2.jpg
    well2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 260
  • well3.jpg
    well3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 269
  • well4.jpg
    well4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 273
  • well5.jpg
    well5.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 255

Speedbump

Reaction score
2.2 is not much water. I couldn't find or read where it gave casing diameter, but the bigger the better for storage.

Your going to have an above normal cost for your installation if you want lots of usable water.

bob...

wilbert

Reaction score
I forgot to add this part. Not sure if it's the info you are looking for. House is approx 7000 total finished sq ft. Not the 2560 in the attachment

Attachments

• well7.jpg
    well7.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 270

Speedbump

Reaction score
I found the depth, casing size and water level after some more searching. You would have around 425 gallons of storage in that well once it has recovered if you put a pump at the bottom.

You said the house is 7000 sq ft. Do you play Golf? I have to assume a lot of bathrooms and maybe usage over and above the amount of water you would have for daily usage. I am not going to calculate the amount you would have at your 2.2 gpm minus usage over a period of time that the average human stays up on any given day, but you may be close. Where's BobNH when we need him?

bob...

wilbert

Reaction score
Thanks Bob,
The house has 4 full baths, and 2 half. I don't play golf. Right now it's only going to be my wife and I living there and a few kids in the future. We normally wouldnt consider a house this size, but in this market it's tough to pass up deals and houses you would normally never have the chance to live in.

Speedbump

Reaction score
The reason I mentioned Golf is I think Tiger Woods house is just a little bigger than yours.:D

Hey, why not take advantage of a good situation? Just be prepared for the tax bill. I'm sure it'll be a hum dinger.

Seriously though, you may get by just fine if your not going to be irrigating with this well. There should be plenty of water for two people and probably for a couple of kids if they are not girls. Then a cistern may be in the future.

bob...

wilbert

Reaction score
I have no idea what we are going to do with all this house, but it's the same price or lower then all the other houses in the area. There are only a couple competitive houses (price wise) and they will be new construction and I don't think I feel like dealing with that and they are much smaller.

We won't be doing any irrigating, and I'm hoping for buys :)

Thanks for your help it's much appreciated, our offer is in and I think today is the day we should hear something. I didnt receive the well info until last night.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Once you get in and get settled, come back if you need some more advice and know how it's acting. Who knows, you may not have any issues at all. The water quality will undoubtly have to be dealt with and you could do much worse by shopping for water filtration anywhere but here. Be sure to have the water tested for PH, hardness, iron, manganese and anything else you can think of. Then post it here for some helpful advice.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks