if the Kohler Cimarron is no good, then what?

Users who are viewing this thread

TBurner

Reaction score
Hello! it's my first time on thsi forum. i'm a homeowner renovating a master bath and liked the design of the kohler cimarron. however, sounds like from reviews on here that it may not work great, that it tends to clog, and that the fluch inadequately covers all the porcelain.

so what is another choice w/ a similar design? are there better kohler toilets?

what's the best one out there w/ a traditional flush (no power).

Thanks!

TBurner

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
How about a Toto? You're going to find that most people on this site (I said most) prefer Toto toilets for thier reliability and superior flush. If you were leaning toward the Cimarron, check out the Toto Drake.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto Dalton

A toilet like the Cimarron but better is the Toto Dalton.

It is also a comfort 16.125" high bowl.
It has better bowl wash and has been working very well.

734_main.jpg

Toto Dalton

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Clorox Teflon Bowl Cleaner

Most 1.6 toilets will have lessor bowl wash than a 3.5

The Cimarron totally misses the back of the bowl.
Even though the Dalton is fairly thin on wash, it's an improvement over the Cimarron.
If you look down and it looks like it will need more bowl wash that time, you can hold the handle down longer.
I have also used Clorox Teflon Bowl Cleaner, which does a nice job of keeping things smooth.

Last edited:

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
Hi Dave,
I noticed that you are retired too. How did we ever find time to "work" and do all we have to do now?? :)

Here's what I discovered about the Dalton. When I first installed mine , several months ago, I was sitting too close to the front of the seat. When I sat a little further to the back, almost all the waste would fall in the water and would be carried away with the flush. There have been one or two (at the most) occasions where some very small amount of waste did stick at a spot on the side, but the next flush, right away or later took it all away.
To me, and I'm no expert, that's not an indication of an inadequate flush because I experience the same thing on an occasional basis with my 18 year old swirling Kohler 3.5 gpf elongated toilet.
Just my opinion, Tom ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks