Oooops on shower tile and shower faucet install

Users who are viewing this thread

wanderinh

Reaction score
Hello all and happy sunday! I am just about complete on my bathroom remodel. I was trying to hook up the shower faucet and diverter when I noticed that the way I installed the tile and backer board that the single control lever is not going to be able to attach to the retainer which sits on the collar. This is due to the way the pressure balancing valve was installed, and my lack of knowledge on a proper install (I am a first time DIY'er). The shower escutcheon flanges away from the tile. I was thinking of adding some washers to the back of the retainer so it will extend out, but as I screwed in the retainer the first time it has locked into place. Does anyone know how I might be able to remove that retainer without breaking the plastic?

I was trying to install a kohler bellhaven KT11552 in a brushed nickel finish. Does anyone know of a deep rough in that might work, or an extended retainer, or should I try and find an escutcheon that is recessed where the lever enters to attach to retainer and collar? Any tips, or direction as to where I can begin to salvage this oops is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Alan

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the valve is too far inside the wall, check with Kohler to see if they have an extension kit for that valve. If it is too far outside the wall, there's no fix without moving it back in the wall. Extension kits are not usually generic, they are specific to your valve or valve series.

wanderinh

Reaction score
Jim,

Thanks for the tip, I spoke with Kohler and they are sending me a deep rough in kit. This saves a lot of hair from being pulled out!

Alan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks