Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

mahza

Reaction score
We bought a farm back in the spring and were told that the 40 year old sandpoint well never has run out of water....so things are fine till now! We have only been getting 2.5 gallons per minute so we got in the local plumber who changed all the old fittings and the 40 yr old pump...................after all this water is still only2.5 gallons per minute...

Here is my problem....after the plumbers all left late in the night the pump cuts in and we are not drawing water...this continues and is cutting in every 1/2 - to one hour for 15 seconds or so. The pump starts at 40 then goes to 30 then cuts in so somewhere something is not right! After the plumbers were finished our water is cloudy and dirty...so we flushed and ran the well till water came a little clearer! Now on saturday my water is very very dirty again and will not run clear evan after we ran it for over a hour! Help!..what is our problem,,,,did the plumbers break the pipe on the sandpoint by reefing on old fitting as they were very very tight! As of right now Sunday morning...the pump is cutting in every 1/2 hour and the water looks horrible,,if u fill a ice creme pail with water there is a wee bit of silt or sand in it but very little!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If the pump is turning on every 30 min. and it wasn't B 4 it sounds like there is a leak somewhere...I am making the assumption that it wasn't doing this B 4 they came...is this correct?

mahza

Reaction score
none of these problems before the plumbers came........just 2.5 gallons per minute....good clean water,,,old pump would only cut in when water was being drawn!

mahza

Reaction score
a quick update things have turned ugly now....my daughter flushed the toilet this morning and all the came up was thinck sandy water and lots of it so we quickly shut off well pumo as i didnt think the water was going to stop filling the toilet,,,,,,,,what happened? Did the new pump cave in sandpoint? Now we sit here waiting for plumbers to return our calls

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks