I'm looking to install a basement laundry tub where none currently exists. My drains are halfway up the basement walls so I'll need a pump system like the Drainosaur (I guess). I'm looking for advice before I jump in. I'm a handy man that has done many household plumbing tasks and am considering tackling this myself.
1. Installing something like the Drainosaur will require proper venting to the main stack, I assume. What is the method of cutting into the stack and what suprises await me there?
2. My washing machine currently drains directly to a drain line with a hose connection to the copper drain with a check valve. It would seem that this would be a good place to have the Drainosuar discharge to. Should I just have the washing machine drain to the laundry tub or is there a better way to connect it?
3. I also want to have my dehumidifer and condensate pumps empty through the drain instead of being pumped outside the house. Should I just drain them to the laundry tub?
4. How do I transition from the plastic pipe of the Drainosaur to the copper of my vent and drains?
5. Do you advise a handy man to attempt such an installation or do you consider it too difficult and in need of professional services
Thanks to all who may help with advice.
Last edited by PATNJ; 06-16-2005 at 07:21 AM.
I'd sure be grateful if someone would reply to this gentleman's query. I have an almost identical set of questions and would benefit from the answer.