(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Aquabrass Thermostatic Shower Valve Install

Default Aquabrass Thermostatic Shower Valve Install

I purchased an Aquabrass shower system that includes the thermostatic valve/volume control. However, the instructions are quite brief...so I am seeking expert opinions.

The valve connections for the supply lines and the outlets for the shower head and handheld shower are 1/2" female npt. I am wondering the best way to make these connections. Is it best to makeup the male 1/2" connection with teflon into the valve then solder the copper supply/outlets to these??

BTW, here is the link to the install document: http://aquabrass.com/data/3/files/in...49B0INST_E.pdf

TIA

Default valve

NO. Solder the tubing stubs to the adapters and then screw the adapters into the faucet. More important than that, however, is knowing where, or if, repair parts will be available for that faucet in a couple of years or so.

Good plan...I assume one benefit will be avoiding heating up the valve that could damage.

Aquabrass is a fairly well known brand up here in Canada. I think it is a little higher end than the likes of the stuff at Home Depot. I am hoping parts availability will not be an issue.

Default valve

It is not only an advantage, it is the only reason for doing it.