Pulling wire through existing conduit

Users who are viewing this thread

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I've since sold that house so I have no way to check. But I'm about to try it again, so in the interest of getting my donuts :) How would I confirm it is BX as opposed to Greenfield ?
Can you see any paper on the inside? If not then it must be greenfield.

ccandreva

Reaction score
Well, it still works. :)

My wife and I just got done pulling 11ft of 14/3+ground through the old BX sheath from the attic to our bathroom, using the 2 old rubber/cotton insulated wires as a pull. Total time, less than an hour.

This was with one 90 degree bend up in the attic -- it runs along the floor, disappears under the attic floorboards, and goes down the wall to the switch.

Again, I wouldn't expect it to be as easy with a second turn, but I certainly would at least try before pulling out the sawzall and sledge !

You can donate to your local food pantry instead of sending the donuts. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks