Kohler K-3564 Saile, Koher Strela vs Toto Aquia

Users who are viewing this thread

jhleung

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm familiar with the Toto Aquia I (800 MaP and harder install) and the Aquia II (500 MaP and easier install) ....

Does anyone know how the Kohler Saile Toilet Stacks up? Its a one piece design versus the Toto two-piece design so it looks a little more sleek. Its also rated by the SFPUC as 500 MaP and its also a dual-flush design.

Kohler K-3564 Saile

aaa91516.jpg

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=13150202&prod_num=3564

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/newproducts_detail.jsp?section=2&aid=172_newprod

Strict 12" rough-in (1/8" wall gap)

List price*: $667.45 and up
28-1/2" L x 14-1/4" W x 28-3/4" H
Dual Flush flushing technology
0.8 or 1.6 gallon water consumption options
Compact elongated bowl

As a Reference, here's what a Toto Aquia II looks like:
cst416m_main.jpg
I'm trying to decide do I get:

4 Aquia I, 800 grams
4 Aquia II, 500 grams
4 Kohler Saile, 500 grams

2 Totos and 2 Kohlers .... ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On the Kohler, make sure you have at least 12" on your roughin, and that you can cut your floor molding where the bowl fits against the wall.

On the Aquia, you have a bit a space behind the tank, and you don't have to cut away the floor mold.

Last edited:

Flushwell

Reaction score
Kohler Saile experiences

Has anyone had any experience with the dual flush Kohler Saile K-3564? It is the best looking dual flush toilet I have found (although some folks thought that it might be too modern).

However, I do not want to discover that is is woefully inadequate at its basic duties, like the original Cimarron Class Five toilets with their poor wash down.

I have plenty of room behind the toilet, so the major issue is the performance.

Attachments

• Kohler Saile.jpg
    Kohler Saile.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6,248

theplumber

Reaction score
Kohler = pain in the ass getting parts period. They have this habit of redesigning the wheel for every thing they make. Then you go to get parts and they tell you, oh that part is discontinued, the new part # is.. oh and that # is also discontinued, the new part # is... oh and that # is discon.....

%$&* Kohler with a metal rake. The only Kohler products I'll buy is their cast iron tubs, sinks, and china sinks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Their engineers are retarded!
Pull a toilet to change a fill valve?
Cool! I'll just add resetting a toilet to the bill!:D

BikeGirl

Reaction score
Help me choose between Toto or Kohler dual flush toilets

I am about to purchase a new toilet and am down to:

Toto CST416M - Aquia II Dual Flush Toilet

or

Kohler Saile™ Dual Flush technology - K-3564

I will be installing this toilet myself (I am not a plumber). I have many of the read reviews on this site and others. I feel that either model would work well. However, I would like to know from those of you who have experience with both of these (the closest I can get to a side by side comparison.

Thanks for your help!
Bike Girl

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
CST416M- Map test 500g

K3564- Map test 500g

No help there

At the selling level i have been selling toilets for over 25 years.
I've sold American Standard, Crane, Mansfield, Gerber, Briggs, Kohler and now Toto and i can tell you that Toto have been the best for not having defects and easy to get parts for.

My biggest problem iv'e had in all my years are parts for Kohler it seems that every toilet has different parts and they change and discontinue parts yearly.

That is why seven years ago we dropped Kohler and brought in Toto.

Last edited:

BikeGirl

Reaction score
Thanks Cass and Peanut, this is helpful.

Toto seems to be more widely available. Your feed back is helping me decide towards Toto, especially if Kohler parts are harder to get.

Thanks!

BikeGirl

Reaction score
Thanks Gary!

I will definitely go with the Toto.

Thanks Terry, this site is a gold mine!

Since starting this process I have become aware that it usually takes 2 flushes of my wall mounted pressure assisted Eljer to get everything down. My next project will be to either adjust it, if that is possible, or replace it.

Herrada

Reaction score
Kohler Saile and Strela toilets?

Anyone know if the Kohler dual flush Saile (one-peice) and Strela (2 peice) toilets are any good? The look good, are really compact (Saile tank is like only 11" wide) and are dual flush but are they any good? How do they compare to the Toto's in performance (i.e., moving waste and bowl cleaning, etc.)? Are they at least close? The compact (particularly in width) design of these toilets are particularly attractive as I have a very small 2nd bath and every inch matters. Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks