Toilets won't flush completely

Users who are viewing this thread

cable_data_guy

Reaction score
We have an older toilet in the bedroom bath that has for several months not flushed completely. We have a new toilet put in 2 years ago that was working fine but in the last week or so is having the same problem.

My wife says we need the septic tanks cleaned but I don't think so. All other drains work fine, the sinks, the showers, the bathtub. I don't want to spend $400 and dig up the yard if that's not the problem.

I tried plunging and it didn't help. The water doesn't back up it just doesn't flush the tp out.

I asked my neighbor and he said to check the holes under the rim where the water comes out. So this morning I did on the new one. It only had about 6 holes at the front. I stuck my finger in one and some blue goo came out. It looks like some of my wife's blue stuff she puts in the toilet was stuck in a hole. Nothing came out of the other holes. I put some toilet paper in and it seemed to flush better.

Do you think that's the problem? Do you think there's a bunch of blue toilet stuff stuck in the rim preventing full water flow?

She uses this in both toilets all the time. Thx for any info

cable_data_guy

Reaction score
Thx. I'll tell her. So I guess i'll stick a small pipe brush in the holes as far as I can and let the rest just wash out over time? Any better way to fix it?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Get a shop vac wet/dry and suck that smurf crap out of the tank right now.
If you are lucky it will eventually flush out and the toilet will work again.

cable_data_guy

Reaction score
Thx for the advice. I'll do it tonight when I get home. Sounds like I saved alot of work and $400 dollars for pumping out the septic tanks.:D

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Get a shop vac wet/dry and suck that smurf crap out of the tank right now.

Make sure the exhaust isn't pointed at anything that would look bad if it gets stained blue.

If I have to ruin a shop vac on a customers blue goo, they buy me a new one.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

WE can think anything we want to, but that does not mean we can tell what the problem is with the toilets. A plugged drain WILL affect the toilets first even if everything else works properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks