kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I am remodeling my kitchen. I am in the market for a new pull down/out faucet. Can anyone give their expert opinion on the best makes, which to stay away from? I was originally interested in the touch 2O from Delta but got talked out of it cause it is too new and just something that will break.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Let me tell you a couple of little stories...

Some time ago I was working at a customers house and he asked me to look at his kitchen sink faucet that was leaking...
The faucet was 15 years old and was in the house which was new when he bought it.
The faucet was a Moen Pull Out Faucet.
The leak was coming from the vacuum breaker.
This is a rather uncommon part to replace and rather than wasting a lot of time searching for it I told him to call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and they would send him the part under their lifetime guarantee.
He came back a short time later and said. "You're not going to believe this. They said the faucet is obsolete/discontinued and they don't have the part. They are sending me a new faucet!"

Another time I was sent to a customers house and found the same problem only this faucet was a very fancy european designer faucet. I took down all the information I could gather made a few phone calls to places that are usually quite helpful with the high end designer stuff... No Dice! When I went home that night I searched the internet until the wee hours and all I could find was that the customer had a $800 paper weight because the company was gone and no parts were available.

Somewhere there is a moral to these stories. I think it may have something to do with expensive is not always better, and sometimes it might be best to just get something from a solid company with a great gurantee, and great customer service that stands behind their product.

faucetman886

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Redwood is right

You get what you pay for in the long run and quality is the issue. With so many faucet products being made overseas, mostly china, I feel that it is very important to buy either a solid American brand such as Moen, which stands behind their product or as an alternative the German brand Grohe would be the only imported brand I would consider. The inexpensive imported brands can not and will not stand behind their products so you become dependent on the retailer to offer you satisfaction and 15 years later there arent many retailers who will stand behind their product.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
As far as I know, and someone correct me if I am wrong, all faucets including Moen are now made in China or some where other than this country so it may be impossible to buy American now...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Some not all! Today there is a global economy.

Moen Manufacturing facilities:
Elyria, Ohio
New Bern, North Carolina
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Sanford, North Carolina
Shanghai, China
Guangzhou, China

Delta Faucet's manufacturing plants are located in:
Greensburg, Indiana;
Jackson, Tennessee;
Ontario, Canada;
Panyu, China.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

Like everything else, WHERE the faucet, car, or anything else is made, may not be the question. WHO stands behind it is the real consideration. If it fails because it was made in China, as long as the American manufacturer stands behind it that is all that counts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks