2" well with 1" pipe and jet on pump above

Users who are viewing this thread

Sapientoni

Reaction score
My friend has a 2" pipe casing and there was a 1" pipe going down it from a jet which was clamped to the 2". I have never seen anything like it, so it must be quite old, and it is quite odd, too. They tried pulling the 1" pipe out and got about 20' of it, the threads breaking off and looks like some was left in. I don't know what to expect to find in the bottom, but it looks like any attempt to salvage this well means pulling the 2" casing. What are the chances we can get a new 2" casing driven back in. I can't see water so don't know if we are wasting efforts on this thing.

Sapientoni

Reaction score
My bad, they pulled 40' of 1" out. Thanks to the widely experienced guys who ever saw an odd duck like this.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If the pipe broke, can they still get ahold of it, or is it in the casing where it broke?

If you pull the 2" casing, you had just as well call the Well Driller before going to all that trouble, cause you will need him.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks