BaseBoard heating Slant/Fins

Users who are viewing this thread

jaysn

Reaction score
Bought a House several years ago... and the base board heating, runs around the perimeter of the first level... but about HALF of the piping doesnt have any fins installed.... Obviously, the pipes still heat, but not as effectively... Is there a "Snap-on" "Bolt-on" FIN product i can buy, and install in sections... or does the entire piping need to be replaced for more efficient heating. Thanks

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The length of the finned sections should be calculated to match the heating needs of the room.
The boiler is also sized for the needs of the house.
This is not something that you just blindly add to! I would consult a heating pro.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's probably dummy base that is just there to conceal the pipes. If the house heats ok leave it alone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks