Plumbing nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Nyman

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Pegasus faucet for my bathroom - in fact, I bought two. Attempted to install today and ran into a problem. Seems the "pop up body" which leads from the sink to pipe coming from the wall does not have threads. It is simply smooth all the way down. So....as someone completely new to this, I was wondering what I would do to connect the pipe coming from sink to pipe in wall?

If a picture is required, please let me know. Thanks for your help

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The p-trap will have a "slip joint" connection.
I grabbed this from the Internet, the pop up isn't even connected in the photo.

Attachments

• p-trap.jpg
    p-trap.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
cal a plumber

Might I suggest that you call a plumber...

If you dont know what a p trap is, then you also
probably hav e no idea on how to hook up those
water lines..

and you wil probably come home to a disaster
a few weeks from now...

with no one to blame but yourself and or Terry.....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
with no one to blame but yourself and or Terry.....
Hey, wait a second!
Why me?
All I did was post a picture of a p-trap below a lav faucet.
All they have to do is right brain it in after looking at their Pegasus instructions. Or maybe the educated HD man should have sold them a P-trap at the same time. Do they have guys at HD that know what the bent looking pipes are for?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Do they have guys at HD that know what the bent looking pipes are for?

Ummmm...
Quite possibly they don't.

smockmanapron.jpg

smockwomanapron-1.jpg

Although they probably have someone that could fix you up with a drain like this...

Xtradeepptrap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

They would probably tell them, "If you have a pipe coming down from the sink, and a horizontal pipe out of the wall, all you need is this handy-dandy slip joint 90 elbow to connect them." And unless this person gets the message, that may be what he will go looking for.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hey! how did you get a picture of my kitchen drain? Are you messing around with my plumbing when I'm not home?

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
Right again HJ. When you use these cheap-garbage faucets/fixtures they are disposable.
Once they go bad there are rarely parts and are not worth fixing.
Consider the purchase of good quality faucets.They will last longer and will always be repairable.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
The good news for the customer of Home Cheapo is now that the bean counting, low life, scum sucking, CEO Nardelli has left the business, they are once again hiring qualified tradespeople to man their departments. I went into the store near me and I bumped into an Electrical Journeyman who use to wire all my work and in the same store a Master Plumber was manning the plumbing departement. Kudos ...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tradesmen

And I suppose you believe that if they were able to find a job in the trades they would still decide to work for Home Depot? It may be more a case of they may have decided to take any available job at any pay, rather than HD paying their help more.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
And I suppose you believe that if they were able to find a job in the trades they would still decide to work for Home Depot? It may be more a case of they may have decided to take any available job at any pay, rather than HD paying their help more.

I hear what you are saying. I can tell you that this Journeyman is topnotch but when you consider the benefits, buying discounts, saving plan, etc he said he was making the same money without the headaches. Not everyone is cut out to run a business ...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks