Little water is coming out of my newly installed kitchen wall-faucet. Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrod79

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to these forums and I'm looking for as much help as I can get.

I recently replaced an old wall-mounted kitchen faucet because the cartridge for the cold knob broke or popped out. I later learned that I can just replace the cartridge and didn't need to replace the entire faucet BUT I guess it's okay since my landlord is going to reimburse me anyway.

I'm new at this and never done it so please bear with me. Anyway, I installed the faucet and turned on the main water valve and hardly any water comes out of the faucet.

The faucet I purchased looks like the attached picture:

Every other faucet in the house is running normal and I tried uninstalling the faucet and run the main water valve to see if the pipes are clogged, that wasn't the case.

I don't know what else to do, the new faucet instruction manual and the instructions from the back states that the installation of the faucet is as easy as 1-2-3, "No special tools required and no experience needed."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Rod

Attachments

• wall faucet.jpg
    wall faucet.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flow

IF the flow is the same regardless of whether you open the hot, cold, or both, then the aerator is plugged. And since this is a rental unit, why were you working on the faucet in the first place? The owner could tell you, "Tough, I didn't tell you to try to fix the faucet, and I did not tell you to replace it." And if he did do either of these two things without knowing if you were capable of it, which is now questionable, he was "unwise".

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks